Overview of the Curator Program
The QxMD Physician and Scientist Curator Program is targeted to experienced, practicing physicians and researchers who understand the benefit of sharing tailored and high quality reading lists to their colleagues. Similar to the curator of a conference focused on a specific topic (e.g. Nephrology, Oncology, etc), QxMD Curators will develop collections of articles that they will share with the QxMD community. These articles will help clinicians & scientists keep up with landmark research and outstanding topic reviews.
Why a QxMD Curator Program?
The social media landscape for medical- and research-centered content is still in its early stages. To accelerate the sharing and awareness of relevant information within specific fields, we believe curated feeds tailored by leading professionals is the best model to get it done. In addition, there are outstanding topic reviews that need to be surfaced to help those new to a given field get up to speed quickly.
- Currently using Read (http://qx.md/read)
- Hold an academic staff position at a Medical School and/or University.
- Interested in having a public profile on the Read by QxMD platform.
- Motivated to post articles weekly to your shared collections.
- Interested in identifying outstanding topic reviews in your area of expertise
What are the responsibilities for QxMD Curators?
This program is aimed at recruiting motivated professionals eager to curate specific topics related to their fields of expertise and interest. To curate these topics (eg. Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Aortic Stenosis, etc.), QxMD Curators can choose from a variety of roles such as:
- Creating and maintaining specific shared collections open to the public.
- Bookmark landmark articles and reviews for a specific topic.
- Suggest new topics and subtopics that deserve curation.
- In addition, QxMD Curators can use their role in a pedagogic manner, helping students, residents, and fellows read and be updated on specific topics in a high quality manner.
Therefore, the main responsibility for a QxMD Curator is to curate content (i.e. articles) and maintain these public topics on a weekly to monthly basis.
What are the incentives for QxMD Curators?
- Receive formal recognition from QxMD for CV/resume and professional recommendations (e.g. LinkedIn formal recognition and official “Curator” title on profile).
- Be part of an early stage healthcare start up and help shape the future of clinical and research habits.
- Work alongside healthcare and research professionals to develop your professional network.
- Become a leader in a new form of medical education.
- We envision the future of social media for physicians and researcher to grow in various ways. Therefore, placing yourself early on in this evolution will allow you to grow and build an interesting network of like-minded individuals.
The Curator Program accepts applicants on a rolling basis and is always looking for passionate members to join our team.
Sound like something you would like to be part of!?