At QxMD, we’ve been working hard to make the Read service available to mobile apps and websites.
Self-hosted WordPress sites
We’ve received many requests to integrate Read into websites so we built a plugin called “PMID Citations with Read” for self-hosted WordPress websites. The plugin does 3 things:
- Allows creation of a list of citations at the end of any post or page on a WordPress site, for those who want to create a full reference section without much effort. Just install the plugin, add the list of PubMed IDs, and voila, a completely formatted list of citations.
- Add an individual citation anywhere in any post or page. Just install the plugin, and add the following code:
- All citations link to both PubMed and Read by QxMD. When users click or tap on Read by QxMD links, they get all the data found on PubMed, but also get the article’s full text (if they have access via open access or their institution), optimized for their device (mobile or desktop).
In short, the ‘PMID Citations for Read’ plugin, is a simple way to add full citations or reference lists to your site, in just a few seconds.
All other websites
For any other websites, we provide a simple method to add links to the ‘Read’ service.
- Add the “Open in Read” button to your page
Get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/
- Link the button to Read using the url: http://qxmd.com/r/PMID
Integrate Read with iOS apps
Many great medical apps are providing references to the primary literature and linking to full text with Read.
A few examples:
Let us Promote your App or Website
Want to see your medical website or app featured in our newsletter that reaches hundreds of thousands of health care providers and scientists each month? Integrate Read into your app or site and let us know at email@example.com. The best integrations will be featured on our site and included in our newsletter.